Most Memorable Quotes from Pride & Prejudice (2005) film

One of my many favorite things about Pride & Prejudice (2005) film starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen is the memorable lines/quotes that were said by our favorite characters in the film, but were not in the original source (P&P novel), which I thought was creative and quite clever as the added lines and newly created dialogue by best-selling novelist and P&P screenwriter Deborah Moggach (even additional lines that were written by , albeit she was uncredited for, but she did received a mentioned and special thanks in the movie's end credits) fits perfectly, in addition to most of the actual lines/quotes taken from the book (though most were worded differently, but still meant the same).

A lot of the memorable lines (especially, the witty one-liners) in this film were actually the ones that were not written by Jane Austen, but were actually written by Deborah Moggach (with additional dialogue by Emma Thompson) and are my personal favorite. Of course, I do still love most of the text/dialogue that were (written by Austen) adapted from the novel. These new/additional lines though adds something new and fresh for this movie (making it its own, whereas other adaptations try to keep all of Austen's text from the novel word for word, which sometimes does not translate well from page to screen) and enhanced the quality of the film's script, making them memorable and unforgettable long after the end credits roll, as well as remaining popular (and a fan favorite) over a decade later.

With that said, I thought I'd compile here some of the most memorable lines/quotes in the P&P (2005) movie that were not from the novel, but were written by Deborah Moggach, which I know are a fan favorite (and not just a favorite of mine). I've included gifs and screen captures below...

"One of these days, Lizzie, someone will catch your eye, and then you'll have to watch your tongue." (Jane Bennet)

"He looks miserable, poor soul." (Elizabeth Bennet)
"Miserable, he may be, but poor he most certainly is not." (Charlotte Lucas)

"So, what do you recommend to encourage affection?" (Mr. Darcy)

"Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable." (Elizabeth Bennet)

"A Mrs. Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet, and a Miss Bennet, sir." (Netherfield Butler)
"Oh, for heaven's sake. Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?" (Caroline Bingley)

"We are all fools in love." (Charlotte Lucas)

"Sir! I am not the sort of female who to torment a respectable man. Please understand me. I cannot accept you." (Elizabeth Bennet)

"What a superbly featured room and what excellent boiled potatoes. Many years since I've had an exemplary vegetable." (Mr. Collins)


"So, don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me!" (Charlotte Lucas)

"I love you. Most Ardently." (Mr. Darcy)

"I'm very fond of walking." (Elizabeth Bennet)
"Yes. Yes, I know." (Mr. Darcy)

"No, I said, 'played quite well.'" (Mr. Darcy)
"Oh, 'quite well' is not 'very well,' I'm satisfied." (Elizabeth Bennet)

"Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?" (Georgiana Darcy)
"Only when forced." (Elizabeth Bennet)
"Brother, you must force her." (Georgiana Darcy)

"Perhaps Mr. Collins has a cousin."
(Elizabeth Bennet)

"Yes. A thousand times, yes." (Jane Bennet)

"You have bewitched me body and soul and I love...I love...I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." (Mr. Darcy)

"Well, then. Your hands are cold." (Elizabeth Bennet)

"You may only call me, 'Mrs. Darcy' when you are completely, perfectly, and incandescently happy." (Elizabeth Darcy)

"And how are you this evening, Mrs. Darcy?" (Mr. Darcy)


So, what's your favorite memorable quote from P&P movie? Comment below...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script