An Oscar win for The Duchess' Costume Designer and zero win for Frost/Nixon

Congratulations to The Duchess' Costume Designer Michael O'Connor for winning an Academy Award last night (Sunday, Feb. 22nd) for...


Best Achievement in Costume Design
Winner: The Duchess (2008) - Michael O'Connor


Watch a presentation of his award below:


[source: blip.tv]


A the very end of his acceptance speech, Michael O'Connor mentioned and thanked Keira Knightley (and The Duchess cast), he said that Keira was a "one classy lady."

Here's his...

Acceptance SPEECH BY: Michael O'Connor

FILM: "The Duchess"

"This unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. Before I forget, I must thank Rachel Portman for that music in THE DUCHESS that wasn't the music, but music is fantastic in the film. I want to thank Paramount Vantage and Pathé for promoting the work in this film. I think they did a great job showcasing that film. My crew. I'd like to thank some individuals, please. Gordon Harmer, Anna Kot, Luan Placks, Ann Maskrey, Anthony Brookman, Sarah Touaibi. I'd also like to thank my agent Michelle Arnold, who is a lovely lady, she got me an interview with these people. And Gaby Tana, Saul Dibb and Michael Kuhn, stuck their neck out to get me this job. I apparently was the risk. And I think it's paid off now, so I'm glad about that. And most importantly I'd like to thank the cast because, you know, working with such a great cast, everyone was with me. Um, so quickly, Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell, Charlotte Rampling, Ralph Fiennes and Keira Knightley, you are one classy lady. Thank you so much."


Speaking of Michael O'Connor, he also won the Best Costume Design award (for The Duchess) at the recent BAFTA (as well as Costume Designer Guild Awards)...check out his interview after winning a BAFTA award below:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script