Watch: Peter Wight in Netflix's The Crown starring Claire Foy and Matt Smith

I recently finished watching (in less than a day), Netflix's new original miniseries The Crown (The early reign of Queen Elizabeth II of England is portrayed) starring Claire Foy (Little Dorrit) and Matt Smith (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies). It premiered earlier this month, November 4th with ten episodes. Having not read any news (other than it was going to be on Netflix and I didn't know who the actors were going to be in the main cast either) or spoilers about this miniseries. I thought it would be done after 10 episodes, but it looks like, this was just season one and season two is coming soon. When? I don't know, but I sure can't wait! I got hooked watching this miniseries, since I love watching period dramas and especially with the royals or monarchies (ie. The Young Victoria, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Duchess, etc.). I thought this was a very good and a must-watch miniseries (I was fascinated by it, whether it was accurate or not about Queen Elizabeth's life story in her early reign) with a great ensemble cast, beautiful score, great production quality and writing. It got me hooked watching and what a pleasant surprise to see Peter Wight (aka P&P 2005 movie's own Mr. Gardiner) albeit in a cameo role as a Newspaper editor in Episode 6! I thought he looked familiar! I didn't know he was in this drama. So, that was interesting and yet so random at the same time. If you haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend you do. This Thanksgiving break would be the best time to binge-watch this, if you have the time to watch, of course.

Watch the trailer for The Crown below...



Episode 6 - Gelignite
(featuring as a newspaper editor)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script