Weekend Box Office: Judi Dench's 'Skyfall' #1 in U.S. debut with record-breaking $87.8 Million and over $500 million worldwide!
Judi Dench's newest James Bond film, Skyfall had the best opening weekend debut in Bond's franchise history soaring to the top with a new domestic record of $87.8 Million and over $500 Million worldwide total!
Here are Skyfall articles from Box Office Mojo:
'Skyfall' Scores Best Bond Debut
Weekend Report: Skyfall opened to an est. $87.8 million, which crushes the previous franchise record held by 2008's Quantum of Solace... READ FULL STORY
'Skyfall' Nears New Bond Record Overseas
Around-the-World Roundup: Skyfall added $89 million overseas for a total of $428.8 million, which is almost a new record for the franchise... READ FULL STORY
Meanwhile, Judi Dench's P&P/Mrs. Henderson Presents co-star Kelly Reilly's Flight film with Denzel Washington, which debuted strongly at #2 last week with $24.9 Million, falls slightly to #3 this week with $15.1 Million and a total of $47.7 Million (already surpassing its production budget of $31 Million), according to Box Office Mojo.
Here's the top 10 (via Collider)...
||Here Comes the Boom||$2,550,000||$39|
|9.||The Man w/the Iron Fists||$2,490,000||$12.7|
- Weekend Box Office: SKYFALL Soars To a New Franchise Record with Domestic Debut of $87.8 Million and Over $500 Million Worldwide (Collider)
- 'Skyfall' shakes Stateside BO with $87.8 mil (Variety)
- 'Skyfall' Reaps Record $88 Million After Global Bond Push (Business Week)
- 'Skyfall' Has $87.8 Million in Sales, Record for Bond Film (Bloomberg)
- US debut of 'Skyfall' proves a thriller (Press Herald)
- Bond soars with record $87.8M 'Skyfall' debut (Salon)
- James Bond soars to box office record with "Skyfall" (Reuters)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Skyfall' Scores Best James Bond Opening (Indiewire)
- Box Office Results: Skyfall Passes the $500 Million Mark Worldwide! (Coming Soon)
- 'Skyfall' sets Bond franchise record (USA Today)
- Box Office: Biggest Bond ever as 'Skyfall' grosses $87.8 million (HitFix)