Keira Knightley's Time Out and Movie Fone Interviews

was interviewed by New York's Time Out for the upcoming U.S. release of her film, The Edge of Love. She talks about singing and trying to avoid her upcoming birthday (March 26th) among other things.

Read parts of he interview below:

Time Out New York: Happy early birthday.
Keira Knightley: Thank you. I was kind of trying to ignore it.

You’re not old enough to try and ignore it yet.
No, I am. I’ll ignore it now, and when I’m properly old enough to ignore it I’ll have been ignoring it for so long that I won’t even notice.

Is it true that you were shy about singing in the new film?
I was frightened of it, yes [Laughs]. I had to go into this very posh studio in London and record it, which was fucking frightening. Just before I was going onto the set, John [Maybury] the director came down and said, “I actually want you to do it live.” I nearly died, really. There were about a hundred extras, and about 50 crew. I sounded a bit like a pubescent boy, I think, on the first one. And I could just see all of these faces going, Oh God, this is really embarrassing. And then I had a shot of vodka, and it was all right after that.

Read the full interview @ Time Out.


She also did a Movie Fone Interview recently, where she answered 16 Questions:

Here are the highlights:


1. Your mom, Shar MacDonald, wrote the script for the movie -- how was it working with her?

It was nice. It sort of came about completely by accident. We hadn't planned to do anything together. It just that she, as she sometimes does, gave me a draft of it to give her notes on, and I just thought it was completely wonderful. And I said, "Would you mind if I help you out a bit with this?" So I ended up giving it to a producer and, not that that producer took it on, but I ended up getting involved from there. It was very exciting. It was nice. But she wasn't really there when we were shooting. She'd sort of done her job by then. She came down for a couple of days, but she wasn't really on set.

8. So will we be seeing a Keira Knightley album of, say, Tom Waits covers on iTunes anytime soon?

No, I don't think so [laughs]. I don't know. No [laughs].

9. Will you be taking your voice out for another spin in the musical remake of 'My Fair Lady'?

Hopefully -- fingers crossed. I auditioned for it about two years ago, and I think it's been a matter of trying to assemble the correct team to do it that is going to make as interesting a movie and as good a movie as possible. There are good whispers going around, you know, and hopefully they'll come to fruition.

13. Yeah, you just signed on to star in 'Never Let Me Go,' which sounds like sci-fi but isn't, right?

It's not really sci-fi. It's based on a book. It's a great book by [Kazuo] Ishiguro, who wrote 'The Remains of the Day.' It's a really, really beautiful book. I mean, it's strange and it's quietly odd and rather creepy and unnerving. But it's not a sci-fi. It's more or less sort of based in the now, but in a now maybe slightly parallel to the one we live in.


15. Johnny Depp is in for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' -- do you have any interest in playing Elizabeth Swann again?

It was a completely fantastic experience, and it was an amazingly large portion of my life, but I don't think I need to go there again. I think that it's done. But I'm very excited to see the next one. And he is so wonderful in that character. I think it'll be wonderful.

16. Rumor has it that when you played Natalie Portman's doppelganger in 'The Phantom Menace' you looked so much alike that your moms couldn't tell you apart. Is that true?

Well, it was sort of from the back and we're the same height and we were in the same costume -- so it's kind of understandable really [laughs].


Read the rest of 16 Questions With: Keira Knightley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script