Blogoversary: Eight Years of Blogging Pride & Prejudice!

celebrates 8 Years Online!

On this day (May 29th, 2007), 8 years ago, I started this little P&P blog. Wow, 8 long years!!! I can't believe it's been 8 years already! It seems just like yesterday, I was a virgin to Blogger, lol...and was learning and figuring out how to add codes and contents to this blog. I never thought I'd be blogging about all things P&P, let alone this long, but it's all because of my on going love for this 2005 movie version of Pride & Prejudice and the amazing actors who portrayed my favorite P&P characters brilliantly on this 4th-time Oscar nominated film. I've really enjoyed blogging here and posting all things P&P (though in recent years it's been mostly about P&P actors and their TV & Film project news articles) and Austen related topics as frequently as I've been able to for all these 8 wonderful years. Well, you know what they say, time flies when you're having so much fun. Indeed, it had flown by so quickly as the 2005 movie will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year (in September [UK] and November [US])! I must say, I have loved and enjoyed posting here and keeping this blog updated as often as I could (or have the time to...which seems to be a lot lately!).

So, yeah, eight years ago today (May 29th), I started this blog as just an archived for P&P movie news and articles...and now 8 fabulous years later, this blog is still here and has expanded to a much bigger and frequently (almost daily) updated blog with all things Pride & Prejudice (esp. the 2005 film and its actors/cast and their TV & film projects'news and more) and Jane Austen related news/articles/movies (ie. Becoming JaneThe Jane Austen Book Club, Lost In Austen, AishaFrom Prada to Nada, A Modern Pride and Prejudice, Austenland, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, , etc.).

Here's one of my previous posts that relates to how I started this blogConfessions of a P&P Blogger

Also, some of my favorite P&P movie related posts that you might enjoy viewing and reading (if you haven't already read them)...
My 10 Pride & Prejudice 10th Year Anniversary DVD/Blu-ray Wishlist


Film Soundtrack Spotlight: Original Music from Pride & Prejudice by Dario Marianelli 
P&P 200: Why You Should Watch Joe Wright's Pride & Prejudice Adaptation...
A lovely surprise from Mr. Macfadyen on my mailbox!
A lovely and unexpected reply from Miss Rosamund Pike! 
16 Beautiful Things I love about the 2005 Pride & Prejudice film 
Watching Pride & Prejudice film on Blu-ray
Photos: P&P Filming Locations (updated)
Photos: Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall as Pride & Prejudice's Pemberley and Inn at Lambton (P&P/Derbyshire filming locations)
My first European trip (September 2010)
My First European Trip (part 2)

THANKS TO EVERYONE especially to all the daily visitors, readers, subscribers, contributors (thanks a lot, as always, to my friends over at my old P&P '05 Forum especially JW, Liz, Stephie, Kate, Michelle (aka Mary Bennet) and these 3 multi-talented ladies: Antonella, Rachel and Giulia/Eowyn for all your help on the previous arts/banners used here in this blog and at the forum. I love, appreciate, and can't thank the 3 of you enough for your beautiful arts/wallpapers/P&P videos contributions to our lil' P&P fan forum/community), to all the P&P fans/friends on this P&P Blog's Facebook page (ie. fellow Devoted Fans of P&P 2005 FB co-founders/co-admins/friends Jessica Tapia and Audrey Lawrence) and all my wonderful twitter/FB/IG/Tumblr friends (you all know who you are). Thanks a lot ladies!

SPECIAL THANKS to the following contributors and  (over the years to now) to this blog:

(in no particular order)


Christy Farmer
Ashley Visco
Laurie Viera Rigler Austenprose


Bonnie Mae 

And most of all, THANK YOU to all the P&P fans around the world who are fans of this amazingly beautiful film, of course, and all the P&P cast/actors featured on this blog (ie. Keira Knightley, Matthew MacfadyenRosamund PikeJena MaloneCarey MulliganTalulah RileyBrenda Blethyn, and Donald Sutherland to name some as well as director Joe Wright)...for without you all and the 2005 Pride & Prejudice film, this Blog wouldn't have started or made it this far. Hope to keep this blog around and to continue to blog all things P&P/Austen related topics for as long as I can.

Pride & Prejudice (2005) Blog stats by the #s:
Total Blog Posts/Articles: 2452 (2,160 last year)
Total Blog Followers: 213 (202 last year)
Total Comments:
988 (and counting...)
Total Pageviews last month:
28,343

Pageviews All Time History: 2,095,005 (last year on this day it was 1,671,800)

P.S. 
New Layout: I changed the layout (as you may have noticed, not exactly the background and it's image, I kept it the same as I've always loved it the way it is) slightly and fixed the side bars as well as changed the header banner (see a screen shots of the previous ones below) with a new one I made. I thought it's time for a slightly new look and what better way to do so than today, on it's 8th year anniversary (which I tend to change the header and layout, at least once a year, or so...). I've been working on this blog for the past couple weeks or so, updating and fixing some links, contents/pages (as well as adding a few new ones), as you can see there's a new extra page: Glossary (check it out!), updated the P&P Fun Extras page and added some new P&P artwork/Photoshop manip arts I've made recently, a new Multi Slider, and Banner Slider on the main page. 

Also, just recently created a new Instagram account: pandp2005 (check it out and feel free to follow it, if you're in IG) for more P&P movie's image stills, movie clips, and more!


*This blog will be a work-in-progress (I may or may not fix/add more contents...we shall see!) throughout the rest of this month and upcoming month or so...*


Previous P&P Blog header banners (I was able to saved)...


For now...hope you like the new header banner, the recently added new Multi Slider (just below the header banner and menu links), Banner slider, and slightly re-organized side bars. What do you think? Like it? Yay or Nay? Feel free to comment post your feedback here. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script