Celebrating 200 Years of Jane Austen's PRIDE and PREJUDICE novel (January 1813 - January 2013)

January 2013 is PRIDE AND PREJUDICE's Bicentenary  
(January 28, 1813 - January 28, 2013)

This year (2013), this month of January (28th) is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's beloved classic novel, the second published and most popular of all her six novels, Pride and Prejudice.
This novel and its numerous of adaptations (especially the 2005 version) is definitely my top and all-time favorite amongst Austen's six classic novels and their adaptations (and I've seen pretty much every Austen adaptation available, but P&P remains my favorite to watch and the book to re-read).  Even Austen herself, loved her P&P creation and described it as her "own darling child," and to this day, it remains one of the best-loved English novels of all-time and one of the most adapted in TV and films as well as had the most sequels, inspired of, variations of books, etc. written and published by several Austen inspired Authors (see Austen Authors website for a list of authors who had written and published numerous P&P related novels. Check out their P&P 200 posts they started last year to celebrate the bicentenary of this beloved classic novel).


I'm starting my own random P&P 200 posts here all this month (and perhaps even extend it through out this year to go for a possible 200 P&P related posts! So, it's only appropriate as this is a P&P Blog, after all. We shall see...anything is possible!) to celebrate 200 years of Pride and Prejudice. I created and had been working on for a week or so an extra page here: Pride and Prejudice 200 (just launched today! check it out!) dedicated to all things Pride and Prejudice, which I had been planning for months to celebrate this year's P&P's 200th anniversary. I have also started my own personal P&P 200 project, and that was to watch all P&P TV and film adaptations I could find available to watch as well as to re-read the P&P novel and read P&P related novels. I'm proud to say, I've accomplished watching the P&P adaptations part and will post my review of each adaptation I've seen here all this month. I'm currently reading Darcy & Fitzwilliam by Karen V. Wasylowski and I have her next book Sons and Daughters to read soon after and Austen's own P&P novel to re-read following the two...

Anyway, as aforementioned, I'll be posting all things P&P (under the tag: Pride and Prejudice 200) for most of this month (in addition to my posts about Downton Abbey and Ripper Street episodes and other P&P actors' news and film projects related, which will be posted here as well), so keep checking this blog for lots of P&P related posts to celebrate the novel's 200th anniversary.

For now, check out my Pride and Prejudice 200 extra page as well as the following links to get you started with P&P's Bicentenary celebration: The Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013 via Laurel Ann's Austenprose blog and Austen Author's P&P 200 posts. Also, check out Visit Britain's article: Experience the Pride and Prejudice lifestyle. Plus Bicentenary of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice to be celebrated by the Royal Maill and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice to appear on stamp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script