Pride and Prejudice Quotes from Novel to Film (Chapter 4)

Continuing from my previous posts, Chapter 1 and Chapter 3, here's Chapter 4!

Pride and Prejudice - Chapter 4

Novel

"He is just what a young man ought to be,'' said she, "sensible, good humoured, lively; and I never saw such happy manners! -- so much ease, with such perfect good breeding!''

"He is also handsome,'' replied Elizabeth, ``which a young man ought likewise to be, if he possibly can. His character is thereby complete.''

"I was very much flattered by his asking me to dance a second time. I did not expect such a compliment.''

"...Well, he certainly is very agreeable, and I give you leave to like him. You have liked many a stupider person.''

 "Oh! you are a great deal too apt, you know, to like people in general. You never see a fault in any body. All the world are good and agreeable in your eyes. I never heard you speak ill of a human being in my life.''


Pride & Prejudice (2005)

Movie Script
 
"Mr. Bingley is just what a young man ought to be. Sensible, good humoured..." (Jane Bennet)

"...Handsome, conveniently rich." (Elizabeth Bennet)

"You know perfectly well I do not believe marriage should be driven by a lot of money." (Jane)
"I agree entirely. Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony, which is why I will end up an old maid." (Lizzie)

"Do you really believe he liked me, Lizzie?" (Jane)

"Jane, he danced with you most of the night and stared at you for the rest of it. But I give you leave to like him. You've liked many a stupider person. Now, you're a great deal too apt to like people in general, you know. All the world is good and agreeable in your eyes." (Lizzie)

"Not his friend. Oh, I still can't believe what he said about you." (Jane)
"Mr. Darcy?" (Lizzie)

Comments

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this post here and more...

*You may Comment by using an Account, your Name, or by choosing Anonymous!*

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script