Rosamund Pike (Best Actress for Gone Girl) and now two-time Academy Award nominee Keira Knightley (Best Supporting Actress for The Imitation Game)! Fresh off today's 2015 Oscar Nominations, Rosamund is joining her former Pride & Prejudice co-stars Keira (she just scored her 2nd Oscar nomination in 9 years! She was, of course, nominated for Best Actress for her outstanding performance as Elizabeth Bennet in P&P movie), Carey Mulligan (Best Actress nomination for An Education, which Carey co-starred with Peter Saarsgard, Dominic Cooper, and Rosamund Pike), Brenda Blethyn (she was nominated twice), and dame Judi Dench with 7 total nominations and won an Oscar for her Supporting role in Shakespeare In Love) as one of the now 5 P&P (2005) actresses with Acting Oscar Nominations!
Between the 5 of them (Keira, Brenda, Judi, Carey, and now Rosamund), they have a total of 13 Oscar Nominations (7 of them from Dame Judi Dench alone with 5 Leading Actress and 2 Supporting Actress Nominations, 2 for Brenda, 1 for Carey, 2 for Keira, and 1 for Rosamund).
See a list of their Oscar nominations below....
Judi Dench - 7 Oscar Nominations (*Winner)
2. Notes on a Scandal (2006) - as Barbara Covett - Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 2007)
3. Mrs. Henderson Presents (2005) - as Mrs. Laura Henderson - Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 2006)
4. Iris (2001) - as Iris Murdoch - Best Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 2002)
5. Chocolat (2000) - as Armande Voizin - Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Nominated in 2001)
6. Shakespeare In Love (1998) - as Queen Elizabeth - *Winner - Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Nominated in 1999)
7. Mrs. Brown (1997) - as Queen Victoria - Best Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 1998)
Brenda Blethyn - 2 Oscar Nominations
2. Secret & Lies (1996) - as Cynthia Rose Purley - Best Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 1997)
Keira Knightley - 2 Oscar Nominations
2. Pride & Prejudice (2005) - as Elizabeth Bennet (aka Lizzie) - Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Nominated in 2006)
Carey Mulligan - 1 Oscar Nomination
Rosamund Pike - 1 Oscar Nomination
- P&P Blog Index
- Pride and Prejudice Novel
- Pride & Prejudice Movie
- P&P Movie Soundtrack
- P&P Characters
- Pride and Prejudice 200
- Jane Austen Movies
- Author Interviews
- P&P Fan Encounters
- P&P Fun Extras
- Contact Me
- Anna Karenina (2012)
- Essential Links
- Pride & Prejudice 10th Year Anniversary
Thursday, January 15, 2015
13 Acting Oscar Nominations for Pride & Prejudice movie stars Judi Dench, Brenda Blethyn, Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, and Rosamund Pike!
by Jeane at 11:40 PM