Born Rosamund Mary Elizabeth Pike in London, England, UK. Miss Pike is an only child, her parents are Julian and Caroline Pike. Her father Julian is a professional opera singer, whilst her mother Caroline is a concert violinist. Read more of Rosamund Pike's Biography here.
Rosamund Pike aka the Beautiful Jane Bennet
in Pride & Prejudice
in Pride & Prejudice
"Now, if every man in the room does not end the evening in love with you, then I have no judge of beauty." (Lizzie Bennet, Pride & Prejudice film)
"She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld." (Mr. Bingley, Pride & Prejudice film)
"Of course, it's my Jane who is considered the beauty of the county. I knew she could not be so beautiful for nothing." (Mrs. Bennet, Pride & Prejudice film)
“Jane is the oldest Bennet girl, and she would have had a lot of responsibility bringing up the younger girls, so she had a slightly sort of motherly instinct. But I didn´t want to play her as this very demure, slightly dull character. I wanted to play her as someone who laughs a lot. We want the whole Bennet family to be a family that laughs, a whole household that´s filled with laughter and filled with movement.” (Rosamund Pike)
“Unlike Lizzie, Jane likes to think the best of people. She has found that the easiest way to get through life is to think that people are nice and good, and not to be suspicious about other people´s negative motives. Jane doesn´t have much pride or prejudice really.” (Rosamund Pike)
“Ros gets funny press. People seem to think she’s very cold and Sloaney, probably because of the Bond film. But she’s warm and loving and has these amazing parents, both opera singers. She’s one of the most extraordinary people I’ve ever met. She’s far cleverer than I am. I cast her because I knew she wasn’t going to play her as a nice, simple person. Jane has a real interior world, she has her heart broken.” (Joe Wright, P&P director)
“Rosamund was…it´s indescribable how ethereally beautiful she was.” (Donald Sutherland)
“I was looking for the opposite of Keira in a way; an actress who could portray the period ideal of what a woman should be, since Jane is hailed as the beauty of the family. Rosamund Pike was simply perfect and is wonderful in the role.” (Joe Wright, P&P director)
- Nickname: Ros
- An anagram of her name is 'A Supremo Kind'
She plays the piano and cello
- She can speak French and German
- Graduated with a 2:1 (upper second class degree = 2nd Honors = Magna Cum Laude) in English Literature from Oxford University's Wadham College.
- She was friends with former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton while at Wadham College, Oxford. Not only are they both the same height (5' 9"), they are both fluent in German, and they are both only children.
- Won the Award for Best Debut at the 2003 Empire Awards for her performance as Miranda Frost in Die Another Day (2002).
- Was engaged to P&P director Joe Wright, having met when he directed her on the set of Pride & Prejudice (2005), after he proposed to her on Lake Como in Italy (September 2007-June 2008).
- Dated P&P co-star Simon Woods (Mr. Bingley) previously before co-starring with him in P&P movie
[What RP said about her experience filming P&P movie]:
"Filming Pride & Prejudice (2005) was a joy and made for one of my happiest summers ever. "It could well be that the story brings out the best in people - and it sounds so cheesy, but we really did behave like a family. The girls playing the younger sisters had never been on a film set before and wanted to socialize all the time, so we picnicked, hung out in a beautiful country house and went swimming naked in a lake. It was idyllic."[On the direction from Joe Wright in "Pride and Prejudice."]
"You can get quite self-conscious at times, there's this business of your close up coming up, but in that big ball scene he put three cameras on it. And in lots of the dinner scenes too, so you wouldn't actually know when your moment was coming. That's why it's got that lovely unaware quality to it, you really did feel it's being observed. I think it's because people didn't know they were being watched really, that's what you get, this window on life."[On Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and the film]:
“Jane Austen wrote such a sensationally romantic story. It got to me all the time during filming. It’s deeply romantic, and I think in this day and age we need films with romance at their core out there. They can light people up.”
[On playing an eldest sister to 5 Bennet siblings in Pride & Prejudice film]:
“Really fun. I'm an only child, so I don't know what it's like to have that particular rivalry you have with a sister, or that love. With this, it feels like it's come alive”.2012/2013 Films for Rosamund with the following...
Current and Upcoming 2013/2014 Film Projects(via IMDB):
- Violet Town (pre-production) 2014
- Hector and the Search for Happiness (pre-production) 2014
- The World's End (filming) October 25, 2013
- A Long Way Down (post-production) 2013
Projects In Development