Get Smart outsmart competition with a #1 U.S. Weekend Box-Office debut
Audiences put "Get Smart" under surveillance as the spy comedy starring and Anne Hathaway debuted at No. 1 over the weekend with $38.7 million.
The top 20 movies at U.S. and Canadian theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, number of theater locations, average receipts per location, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled Monday by Media By Numbers LLC:
1. "Get Smart," Warner Bros., $38,683,480, 3,911 locations, $9,891 average, $38,683,480, one week.Read the rest of the top 20 here ('Get Smart' maxes out weekend with $38.7M debut).
Also, read all related articles below:
- 'Get Smart' tops boxoffice
- Audiences choose gadgetry over guru: "Get Smart" tops weekend box
- Spy farce 'Get Smart' tops US, Canada box office
- ‘Get Smart’ number one at the box office
- Sorry About That, Myers; Get Smart Wins The Weekend
- "Get Smart" Tops Box Office With $39 Million While "Love Guru" Fizzles
- Weekend Box-Office: 'Get Smart' Wins; 'Love Guru' Can't Hack It