Pride and Prejudice Quotes from Novel to Film (Chapter 10)

Continuing from my previous posts (Chapters 1-9) and moving on to Chapter 10, which was a continuation of Caroline Bingley's conversations with Mr. Darcy (as he writes a letter to his younger sister, Georgiana Darcy) at Netherfield with Miss Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Bingley present in the last 2 chapters.

Pride and Prejudice - Chapter 10

Novel


"You write uncommonly fast.''
"You are mistaken. I write rather slowly.''
"How many letters you must have occasion to write in the course of the year! Letters of business too! How odious I should think them!''
"It is fortunate, then, that they fall to my lot instead of to yours.''
"Pray tell your sister that I long to see her.''
"I have already told her so once, by your desire.''
"I am afraid you do not like your pen. Let me mend it for you. I mend pens remarkably well.''
"Thank you -- but I always mend my own.''
"How can you contrive to write so even?''
He was silent.
"Tell your sister I am delighted to hear of her improvement on the harp, and pray let her know that I am quite in raptures with her beautiful little design for a table, and I think it infinitely superior to Miss Grantley's.''
"Will you give me leave to defer your raptures till I write again? -- At present I have not room to do them justice.''
``Oh! it is of no consequence. I shall see her in January. But do you always write such charming long letters to her, Mr. Darcy?''
"They are generally long; but whether always charming, it is not for me to determine.''
"It is a rule with me, that a person who can write a long letter, with ease, cannot write ill.''
"That will not do for a compliment to Darcy, Caroline,'' cried her brother -- "because he does not write with ease. He studies too much for words of four syllables. -- Do not you, Darcy?'

Pride & Prejudice

Movie Script


"You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy." -Caroline Bingley

 
"You are mistaken. I write rather slowly." -Mr. Darcy 

"How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy. Letters of business, too. How odious I should think them." -Caroline
"It is fortunate, then, that they fall to my lot, instead of yours." -Mr. Darcy
"Do tell your sister that I long to see her." -Caroline
"I've already told her once, by your desire." -Mr. Darcy
"I do dote on her. I was quite in raptures at her beautiful little design for a table." -Caroline
"Perhaps you will give me leave to defer your raptures, till I write again? At present, I have not room enough to do them justice." -Mr. Darcy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script