More Keira Knightley Interviews

Here are a few more Keira Knightley interviews as she continues to promote her new film, Never Let Me Go (now showing in select theaters, and is expanding in more theaters this month!), which she reunited and co-star with  her former P&P co-star and friend Carey Mulligan.

The following KK interviews (including 2 videos) were from...

From Parade
Keira Knightley: 'I'm On a Different Path'

by
Jeanne Wolf
Keira Knightley is one of three pals who leave the shelter of an English boarding school only to learn that they were born as clones to provide donor organs for transplants in Never Let Me Go.

The 25-year-old actress told Parade's Jeanne Wolf that she appreciated the complexity of her latest film. Plus, how she knew it was time to leave her Pirates days behind.
 
Understanding her complicated character.
"You know, I think a lot of people have had a real problem with the fact that these characters don't run away and that there isn't a rebellion. But I think that's not what this story is. This story is about acceptance and accepting a horrendous fate. But nevertheless, living with it and not running away from it. And I think that it is because they're institutionalized and incredibly innocent and have been brought up in a particular way. And that's actually what for me is so horrendous about the story -- is that they have no other option because of the way that they've been brought up and that's terrifying I think. It also makes complete sense in this story."

What would you say if somebody offered you a glimpse of your future?
"I think I'd refuse. I don't want to know. What if it was awful? Or what if it was really good? I mean, no. Either way, it's gonna be awful because if it's really good, then you're expecting it and therefore it's not as good as you thought it was gonna be. And if it's really awful, then you're dreading it and then you spend your whole life dreading it. That would be awful. Definitely not into that."
 
The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is going on without you. Is that a funny feeling?
"No. You know, I had an amazing time on it. It was a rather substantial chunk of my life. I was 17 when I started it and 21 when I finished. And I think that was enough for me. Three films, it was wonderful, but that was it and I'm on a different path. I can't wait to see the new one. I'm sure it's gonna be fantastic. I'm fine not being a part of it. It was time for me to dive into other worlds."


View 2 more KK video interviews after the cut...



From Boston Fox...
 

From KTLA...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script